Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Process

The entire process for my divorce is in kind of a stand still.  I met with my lawyer and she asked me for lots of copies of financial stuff.  I dropped that off with her assistant and then met with her again to sign the papers.  Now the papers are sent to the court and a date is set and my husband will get served with the divorce papers.  He then has 20 days to get a lawyer or not, whatever he decides.  That's all I know right now. 
My husband seems really pissed off that I got a lawyer instead of mediation.  I think he had a plan all ready to overpower me and give me just enough to placate me but not half.  I smell scheming going on. 
On my end, I've found a place to live and am just waiting for my application to be approved and to go and get the keys.  If I get this place I'll move in next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment