Friday, August 12, 2011

The Beginning

I should have known 20 years ago what I was getting in to.  We looked at different venues for our wedding but ultimately ended up getting married in the church of his faith, which he doesn't practice. He said it was because it would kill his parents if we didn't get married in the "family" church.  It turned out that they didn't care, it was a lie.  My father-in-law-to-be picked up the forms for my registration and although it wasn't at a store that sold my style of things, my husband told me his father would be very hurt if I didn't register there.  I did and I've hated my dishes for 20 years.  My husband to be told everyone at our wedding that "there would be no divorce, only a funeral".  We went on the honeymoon of his dreams that he had planned long before we even met.  It was wonderful, maybe a little over-the-top which many women would have loved but I wanted to go to the Poconos, an old fashioned, romantic, simple honeymoon. This is how it went for the next 20 years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment