Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Drug Use

My husband has a drug problem and I knew this when I married him.  My mistake and a stupid one, I know.  He said he'd stop when we got married, then when we had children, then before the kids were old enough to know better.  He thinks marijuana is a harmless drug and will "educate" you about it if need be.  I'll tell you how innocuous it really is.  It's one of the main reasons I'm divorcing this man.  My oldest son is in a recovery program for drug users at a teen jail.  He first saw his father smoking pot when he was about 9.  My husband never told me, if he had it would have ended our marriage right then.  I found this out after my son's first felony drug conviction when he was in 9th grade.  My son yelled, "YOU MARRIED A POT SMOKER, WHY DO YOU LET HIM AND NOT ME?"  I had no answer. What could I possibly have said to that? 

No comments:

Post a Comment